Get Your LiLash!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Allergies and Local Honey

Twice a year Sophie has her seasonal cough. It's a deep, rough cough that always gets me plenty worried and always leads her to say in her sweet little voice, 'Mom, it's just my seasonal cough'.

Well, we're full into allergy season as we watch the pollen float freely though the air and reports on my mail serve claim this allergy season may be worse than most... yet, neither the kid nor I are having issues. Strange, right?

I recently read that local honey can make you less susceptible to allergies. Both Sophie and I have been having a ton of honey over the past few weeks or so. It seems most likely that our allergies have taken a back seat as a result of the large doses of local honey we've been eating. Sophie actually has no cough at all. Very strange for this time of year.

This past week, between the two of us without trying we've managed to polish off a 5 lb jug of local honey. We don't use other kinds of sweeteners (ie. cane sugar, agave, raw sugar or any of those other really bad substitutes).

Honey is great in coffee and tea, on pancakes, cereal, toast, etc.

Just thought I'd put it out there.

No comments: